Saturday, April 19, 2014

Customizable Cheesecake

New York Style Cheesecake, the epitome of a simplistically wonderful dessert. It is one that I love to make and one that I most certainly love to devour. Don't we all?
So yesterday when we had people over for dinner I decided to surprise them with dessert. My dessert of choice was of course cheesecake. Now this recipe is not good, it is the best. Lucky for you I am willing to share this wonderful New York Style Cheesecake recipe on my allrecipes page. I will note that is important to serve this cheesecake really cold otherwise it just doesn't taste as good. Making it several hours in advance, even the day before would be a rather smart choice.
Back to my story, cheesecake can go a million different ways. Since not everyone likes the same things, I made this cheesecake "customizable" by making a cheesecake toppings bar. I bought an array of candies, some dessert syrup toppings, and made a raspberry sauce. 
Like this cheesecake needs to be cold, this cheesecake also needs raspberry sauce. It is so easy to make too, there is no point in leaving it off the menu. Merely throw some frozen raspberries, let's say a cup, in a pot over medium heat, with about a teaspoon of lemon zest, a couple tablespoons of sugar (sweeten it to your liking), and a teaspoon or two of water. Bring it to boil and let it get nice and syrupy, let it cool, and then store it in the fridge so it gets beautifully cold too.
The cheesecake was lovely and everyone thought being able to throw whatever they wanted on it was great. I have to admit it was a pretty darn good looking dessert too. 
-Madison



No comments:

Post a Comment